SHOP LOCAL THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
Our Artisan Gift Loft is back! Our upstairs gift loft will be featuring a group of local artisans showing their talent and selling their creations.
There will be local wares and handmade gift items that were crafted by some of our neighbors and friends.
Our Artists Include:
- John Hull Studio- John L. Hull was born in Connecticut and has been exhibiting his pottery since 1971. His current work is created from porcelain thrown on the potter’s wheel and is finished with a Terra Sigilatta surface. Check out his work Made in Haddam, CT.
- Kate Hull- Porcelain ornaments and table ware. Made in Haddam, CT
- Amelia White- Acrylic Paintings Made in Haddam
- Auntie Arwen’s Spices– Herb and spice blends. Made in Haddam, CT.
- Hartke Knitting- Knitted hats, boot cuffs, scarfs, cowls and headbands. Beaded Bracelets. Handmade Note Cards for every occasion. Made in Higganum, CT
- Cluttered Coop Farm at Condil Farm- Children’s knitted sweaters and Headbands. Stress Relief Pillows. Made in Haddam, CT.
- Karen Wysocki- 2 Tasty Toffee-Handmade Toffee – Toffee makes great gifts for holidays or any occasion. Birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas, candy gifts are perfect! Made in Old Saybrook, CT.
- Distinctive Garden Art by Amy Roper- Handmade garden decorations made from steel plate. Made in Haddam, CT.
- Collen Foley- Woven Fabric Star Ornaments & Applique Wall Hangings, Pillows, Tree Skirts, Tissue Boxes and so much more! Made in East Haddam, CT.
- Cliff Holt- “Pop Rocks”-Hand painted rocks Made in Middletown, CT.
- Farmyard Botanicals- Homemade Scrubs, Soaps, Lip Balms, Lotions and Gift Sets. Made in Haddam, CT.
- Terrie Hevrin– Artist (acrylic) Made in Haddam, CT.
- Laytons Loft- Beautifully hand stitched table runners, placemats, totes, key rings & wine bottle bags. Made in Chester, CT.
- Tiger Carlson– Handcrafted wooden pieces such as bowls, urns and vases. Also stunning stained glass hanging lamp shades. Made in Higganum, CT.
- Mathew James– Healing salve and lavender body balm. All Natural. The healing salve is perfect for bug bites. Made in Portland, CT.
- Joan Rand– Wood Burnings- plaques, jewelry box and signs Made in Haddam
- Donna Nelson– Crocheted necklaces and pin-cushion tea cups. Made in Chester.
- Noreen Favereau- Homemade dog treats. Made in East Haddam, CT.
- Sally Rothenhaus- South street bird houses, key chains and magnets. Made in Old Saybrook, CT.
“Bonsai is not a race, nor is it a destination. It is a never-ending journey.”
Don’t let the fact that ‘bon-sai’ is an art studied and refined for many centuries scare you off, because you are perfectly capable to learn how to grow Bonsai trees without green thumbs. Make sure to pick the right tree species for your surroundings and stick to the basic care guidelines. Continue reading Bonsai for Beginners
Birds bring many benefits to our lives. They fill our gardens with song, bring a spark of color and interest to our winter landscapes, and also eat many garden pests. Attracting birds to your landscape is fun. Their needs are easy to meet and just about everyone can achieve success by providing them with three basics things: shelter, water, and food. Continue reading Birds in the Garden: Creating a Haven for Colorful Birds in Your Yard
Summer heat can take a toll on your lawns The heat and dry conditions After a visit from the “lawn doctor” was the prognosis intensive care? Where is the green that lifts our spirits? The answer is in 6 easy steps to renovation your lawn. Maintaining a healthy turf is a great way to get outdoors. When you’re done, your turf will be in great shape and you’ll feel good too-a greener lawn & leaner you! Continue reading Six Steps to Renovating Your Lawn
We thought we would share some of the most elaborate and create approaches to creating pumpkin carving masterpieces. Enjoy!