Spinach and mushrooms are sauteed with onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and white wine. An easy and delicious recipe that goes with any meal.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces clean fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in the oil until they start to become tender. Add the mushrooms, and fry until they begin to shrink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Toss in the spinach, and fry, stirring constantly for a few minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Add the vinegar, stirring constantly until it is absorbed, then stir in the white wine. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the wine has almost completely absorbed. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com