- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 pounds yellow squash, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 pickled artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers with liquid, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fresh rosemary leaves
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- Place 2 paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; add bacon and top with another paper towel. Cook in microwave on high until some grease is absorbed, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer bacon to a deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Lower heat to medium; stir garlic into bacon and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion; cook and stir until onion is slightly translucent and still firm, about 5 minutes.
- Mix squash into onion-bacon mixture; cook and stir until squash is slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add artichoke hearts; cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add capers and rosemary; cover skillet and cook, stirring often, until squash is softened but firm to the bite, about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com